Limesquare is committed to protecting the personal information of all those who use our services and provide services to us. This Privacy Notice sets out how we handle your personal information to ensure that your privacy is protected.
By using our services you are consenting to us collecting, storing and using personal information about you and you are agreeing to be bound by our terms and conditions. Any additionally applicable terms and conditions relating to a specific service will be provided on the written contract covering that service.
Why we collect personal information and how we use it
Under data protection legislation, Limesquare is permitted to handle personal information where we have a 'legal basis' to do so. As a provider of vehicle rental services Limesquare uses your personal information in order to facilitate the provision of these services to you, manage your relationship with us and comply with any laws and regulations to which we are subject.
We also use your personal information (where consent has been given) to help us improve our services and provide you with information on services we identify may be of interest to you.
How we collect your personal information
Most information we collect about you is directly from you via methods such as:
- Enquiry, reservation, application, insurance and claim forms
- Feedback forms and surveys
- Quotes and contracts we provide
- Telephone calls and emails
Information we collect about you from other sources is via:
- Trade references provided by you on application forms
- Credit checking agencies (when credit-checking companies, or to perform personal checks with your written consent only)
- Social media where fraud is suspected
What personal information we collect
The information we collect from you varies depending on a number of factors such as whether you are a personal hirer (i.e. an individual) or a business hirer (i.e. a company) and depending on whether you are hiring a vehicle from us on our insurance or your own insurance. Information we hold might include:
- Contact information such as your full name, address, alternative / delivery address, contact telephone number(s) and email address, employment details
- Contact information for all named drivers on a contract
- Identification information such as your date of birth, passport, driving licence information and other ID as provided by you
- Financial information such as payment card details, bank account details, credit check information
- Insurance information where customer's own insurance is provided
- Information relating to any claims made, accidents, motoring offences, medical conditions which might affect our insurance, declined proposals
- Company information such as VAT and registration details, registered office, billing address, nature of business, credit score
- Other information where relevant such as criminal offences, alleged offences, bankruptcies, County Court Judgments
- Marketing preferences
For a more accurate and detailed outline of the information we hold specifically for you please see section Your rights.
Who we share your personal information with
Limesquare will only share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us under contract, in line with our contracts with you, or as required by Law. The information we share is restricted on a need-to-know basis and those we share it with include:
- Our third party service providers such as accountants, auditors, lawyers, mobile servicing companies, road assistance companies
- Insurance companies who act for you, us, or a third party involving a vehicle you have hired from us
- The police and other law enforcement agencies
- Councils and other authorities in the event of a parking, traffic or other contravention in a vehicle you have hired from us
- The Motor Insurance Bureau and DVLA
- Regulatory authorities such as the Financial Conduct Authority and Information Commissioner's Office
- Credit reference agencies
- Web analytics companies to help us improve our online services
For a more accurate and detailed outline of the information we share specific to you please see section Your rights.
How long we keep your personal information for
Limesquare will usually hold your information for up to a maximum of six years after our relationship with you ends, but this may be longer in the event of a dispute or legal action.
Protecting your personal information
We take your privacy very seriously and have appropriate security measures in places to ensure your personal information is secured and protected both in organisational and technical areas.
You always have the right to request:
- A copy of the personal information we hold for you
- More information on how we use your personal information, who it is shared with and what is shared
- That personal information we hold for you is updated or corrected
- That we change the way we use your information (such as whether or not we can contact you for marketing purposes)
- That we delete your information
Please send your request through our online enquiry form and we will aim to respond within 14 days. If we are unable to comply with a request you have made we will give you an explanation detailing the reason why.
Cookies we use
Strictly Necessary cookies help us give you a better browsing experience by storing your privacy choices for our website.
Performance cookies allow us to count visits, view traffic sources, and see how users move around the website to help us measure and improve its performance. We use Google Analytics to collect this data.
You can make changes to your privacy settings for this website at any time by clicking the button below. To learn more about cookies in general and how to manage cookies in your browser, visit http://aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies.
You are in full control of any marketing material you receive from us. If you no longer wish to hear from us about latest news and special offers please send a request through our online enquiry form asking to be unsubscribed from all future marketing communications and we will action your request within 7 days.
Company Registration Details
Limesquare Vehicle Rental Limited. Registered in England: No.4897613. Registered Office: Limesquare House, Downside off Guildford St, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 9DS.